WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Pinhoe Primary School has a very supportive and highly valued parent body which supports the school in many different ways. The school has an effective PTFA team which, amongst other things, arranges social events and raises money for the school.
Parents are always welcome to volunteer to help in class or to assist with the many varied and exciting projects which take place at our school. We are always keen to expand our parent/carer volunteer team. If you are interested, please contact the office team for further information. We require all volunteers to complete an application form with the details of two referees and explaining the sort of volunteering you are interested in supporting the school with. We also ask all our volunteers to undertake a DBS check, complete virtual safeguarding training annually and read school policies and procedures, to safeguard both the volunteer and the rest of the school community.
How can I help?
- Coming into class and listening to the children read on a 1:1 basis
- Share your skills by supporting class teachers in specific areas (such as maths or art etc)
- Talking to the children about areas you specialise in that are linked to the class projects
- Helping to maintain classroom gardens
- Supporting clubs (for example, gardening, forest school, art, science)
- Volunteering to help and support in the school library
- Support fundraisers
If you would like to get involved in any way or have any suggestions then please get in touch with the office.